Tuesday 16 August 2011

A lovely day meeting Bill and Jenny Burns

16th August 2011

We had an appointment at St James today, was a little odd as we were only there last week, so when we arrived, one of the transplant nurses spoke to Paul, she apologised as it shouldn't have been sent out, but it was okay, he had a quick chat with Dr Aldersley and was given a slip for blood test. I was in the waiting room, then I heard the liver transplant social worker, Jacqui Gouge ( what a lovely individual always willing to help and advise, unfortunately shes leaving at the end of September, we will both miss her)she was walking along the corridor with a couple, Then couldn't believe my eyes, It was Bill who had become friends with Paul and I, along with his lovely wife Jenny.I was overwhelmed and we both greeted each other with a hug, I also gave Jacqui a big squeeze, shes been fantastic with us and I met Jenny for the first time, I instantly knew we would get along.

Bill had just attended his appointment and was going for his bloods, he said as he hadn't heard from Paul he was going to see if he was admitted to hospital. Paul then came out from his brief appointment, he was really happy to see Bill, (Bill has been a rock for Paul, as Bill also had Psc and has been through liver transplantation), its fantastic to know such lovely, warmth and friendly people. Paul and Bill went off for their blood test, Jenny and I went down to the cafe, we talked so much, it was lovely to share things that we both have experienced, meeting Jenny today has been really good for me, because she has and still going through things that I am experiencing. I felt like we both had know each other for years, but  infact it was the first time I had ever met Jenny and we got on like a house on fire, we're going to see Bill and Jenny in a couple of weeks, which will be lovely. Its sad that were all going through this awful time, the one good thing is we have met a lovely ,genuine and admirable couple.

I got lots of ideas from Jenny, on sharing the importance of becoming Donors and letting people know more about PSC. Jenny has raised over £6000  doing various charity work and this has been donated to the Liver unit.

Paul is having an Endoscopy tomorrow morning, poor man it's always something. Hes had a few good days apart from the fatigue and the dreaded itch  which is constant all day,  no relief as nothing seems to work.
Going to stay optimistic, will finish with the famous words upwards and onwards!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment