Sunday 29 January 2012

PSC the start.

So eventually the doctors at North Manchester General started to get my ulcerative colitis under control, this was something i was going to have to live with for the rest of my life.  I have to admit that the thought of having to have my bowel removed scared me to death, this is what the docs had said could be the outcome if they couldn't get it under control. First of all i was given a drug called Messalazine (anti inflam) and predisinlone (steroid), the Pred came in a aerosol which you had to fit a thin tube on the end of and insert up your bum,not the best start to the day. I had to take the anti flams 3 times a day, anyway the up shot of it all was the got my UC under control. During this time i had 6 monthly colonoscopys to keep a check on the inflamation of my bowel. Through regular blood tests I was eventually diagnosed with psc. Sometime in 2004 I became quite poorly I really cant explain the feeling, i did say to my Naz it felt like there was something wrong with my blood. After taking paracetomol Naz told me that we should go to Casualty at NMGH. After blood tests the doc told me that my liver enzymes were way to high and that they would like me to stay in the night. I n the early hours of the morning another doctor asked me how i felt and i said the same. He then said we are going to give you some anti biotics and i could go home. Which i did with disastrous consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment