Monday 13 June 2011

Positive News 13th June 2011

Paul rang me at 9.37am this morning, his consultant at our local hospital came to see him, very positive news,  Paul is doing well, still on antibiotics and will be in hospital for a while.  He's still jaundice and is still very swollen, but this is part of his PSC, its the livers way of letting you know it can't cope with its job. Waiting for a liver transplant is a very traumatic time and a lot of people end up with infections and become poorly just like Paul, its all part and parcel of the rocky journey.

Paul is being put back on the liver transplant list this afternoon,I can't explain the jubilation I feel. Fingers cross that we find a suitable match, like I have stated in my previous blogs Paul's blood group is o negative, its all upwards and onwards and everyday is going to be precious.

Can't wait for my visit this afternoon, I have been very fortunate to be able to have time off, whilst Paul has been ill, I can go back to work in a few days, knowing that hes recovering slowly but surely. I will have my mobile with me all the time, waiting for that crucial call, that can give Paul a better quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment