Friday 10 June 2011

One of the worst days of my life 7th June 2011

I noticed Paul had a Temperature today, he looked really poorly, I gave him his usual medicines and he tried to get some sleep, but it was very uncomfortable for him, as not only had his feet and stomach swollen; he was complaining of chest, lower arm ache, he had the shivers and was finding it difficult to speak. I rung 999 straight away the ambulance was here in mins, they quickly assesed him, and were concerned with his observations. we got to the hospital and Paul was in alot of pain, the staff were fantastic and put a drip on him, they gave him morphine for his pain. a doctor came and assesed him,he said they would send him for a xray, after getting the results of both bloods and xray they said Paul has pneumonia.
He was put on a medical unit, they gave him antibiotics and pain relief through a drip. Paul's protein levels were very low too, they gave him albumin too.

I've never seen my husband so unwell, even when he had his variceal bleed, its been such a tough and painful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment