Tuesday 22 November 2011

lovely afternoon and evening but horrid night

Friday 11th November 2011

Paul is still having chicken curry for his dinner every evening, I have tried to see if anything else might take his fancy, but no chance. I don't care as long as he is eating it doesn't matter. We invited our friend Cath round for lunch, she was in her element about having homemade chicken curry for lunch. We had such a relaxing afternoon, feels like the old days when we use to entertain our friends. Great to see Skip being alert and his usual funny self. we laughed so much.

Later that evening Di and Simon were calling round for dinner and guess what, Chicken curry on the menu. I had made curry in the morning and now again this evening. made a few other dishes too, but I don't mind, when Paul had PSC he had no appetite and I couldn't relax in the kitchen, where as now its a honour to cook and bake for him. I can't tell you the feeling  I have when I see him eat and enjoy his food, we had a great evening full of banter and laughs. I did notice that Paul was getting tired which is understandable, So when everyone left, I gave him his medication and we went to bed.

At about 3.30am, I noticed that Paul was shaking vigorously, I was shocked and felt very scared. I took a deep breath  and tried to wake him up, it took  several minutes it was heartbreaking, Paul soon came round and the shaking gradually stopped. this then continued about 6.30 am, I was alot calmer has its one of the side affects of the anti rejection tablets.
I rang the Transplant team and explained what happened, they said it was the side affect.s of the Tac I told them I take his temperature everyday and I had noticed it had gone up slightly.
I gave him so painkillers and made him feel assured that everything would be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment