Tuesday 22 November 2011

Writing to the Donor family which was very emotional

Saturday 12 and Sunday 13th November 2011

Paul is having a nice quiet day today so its a proper pyjama day for us. Hes slept quite alot today, which was much needed. He still has some shaking in his hands but mostly his right hand. we will mention this on Tuesday. I was trying to draft a letter to the Donor family,There were more tears than words, it's such a tough thing to do. We don't want to upset them and I cant imagine what it would be like receiving this letter that were writing them. They are and always will be in our thoughts and prayers. It has taken me several hours to draft the letter. will show Paul and we will amend it together, a very emotional day.

Paul had a good nights sleep and the shaking wasn't anywhere near last nights. I felt physically, mentally and emotionally drained today. It's still worrying and tiring after transplant but it's a different kind of emotion. I've got to keep on form, Coffee has become my new friend.

We both looked at the letter I drafted yesterday, Paul was taken back with emotion, He said it was a very heart felt letter and we added a few things on. I finally manged to finish  the letter and put it away in my bag to hand over to the Transplant team. God bless all of your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment